In Response to COVID-19:
It has become clear that the battle against Covid-19 will not end anytime soon. We all must do our part to slow the spread of the disease and give our healthcare system time to provide the best possible care to all affected people. As a result, all STEM Prep schools, including STEM Prep Elementary, Crown Prep Academy, and Math and Science College Prep, will remain closed through the remainder of the school year, while continuing online instruction (distance learning) for all students.
Please refer to this page for ongoing updates and resources from STEM Prep Schools.
- Distance Learning Starts – Monday, March 30, 2020
- Spring Break – Week of April 6th – April 10th
- Closure – We will remain closed through the end of the school year
Meals will be made available starting Wednesday, March 18th for all students at STEM Prep Elementary School. Meals will be served packaged and ready to enjoy off site.
- Dates: Weekdays starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Location: STEM Prep Elementary School
- Address: 1374 W 35th St., Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Times: 9:00 – 11:00 am
For more information about meal service you may call: 323-998-0950
UPDATE: Coming Soon! Get help to buy food while schools are closed! P-EBT is for students who normally would get free or reduced-priced school meals. Most P-EBT eligible families will receive up to $365 in food benefits automatically. Find out if you need to apply at ca.p-ebt.org
Distance Learning will continue through the end of the school year.
For details on how distance learning will work follow the link below:Distance Learning
For information on how to get started with your chromebooks and log on to Google Classroom read our Chromebook Quick Start Guide.
If you have already borrowed a laptop and need support, you may call your school’s front office or email: email@example.com
Update: Computer Distribution
All Laptop distribution dates have passed. If you are still in need of a laptop, call your school’s front office to set up an appointment 1 day in advance.
You may also complete this survey and we will be in contact with you concerning your tech needs.
Need Internet at Home?
Please let us know if you do not have access to internet at your home by completing this survey.
If you do not currently have internet access at home, several internet providers are offering free wifi access for 60 days
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395.
- Comcast is offering a similar package. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households. To enroll you can apply at: apply.internetessentials.com or call: 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
If you need help to choose the best offer for you: Call 844-841-4636 – Toll free number of the Digital Access Project, a community-based organization with expertise in low-cost Internet.
For additional guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions please access the following resources:
- LAUSD COVID-19 information page
- City of Los Angeles updates
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Governor Gavin Newsom’s Directive on Mass Gatherings
- Mayor Eric Garcetti’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Los Angeles
- Resources for Undocumented Californians
- World Health Organization – Advice to the Public
- World Health Organization – Travel Notice