In Response to COVID-19:
STEM Prep Elementary, Crown Prep Academy, and Math and Science College Prep, will remain closed through at least Tuesday, May 5th, and we are preparing to remain closed for the rest of the school year if necessary.
As a reminder, Spring Break will still occur the week of April 6th – April 10th.
Please refer to this page for ongoing updates and resources from STEM Prep Schools.
- Distance Learning Starts – Monday, March 30, 2020
- Spring Break – Week of April 6th – April 10th
- Closure – We will remain closed until at least May 5, 2020
We will officially begin distance learning for all of our schools this Monday, March 30th.
For details on how distance learning will work follow the link below:Distance Learning
UPDATE: New Meal Service Hours!
Meals will be made available starting Wednesday, March 18th for all students at STEM Prep Elementary School. Meals will be served packaged and ready to enjoy off site.
- Dates: Weekdays starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Location: STEM Prep Elementary School
- Address: 1374 W 35th St., Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Times: 9:00 – 11:00 am
For more information about meal service you may call: 323-998-0950
All STEM Prep students will be able to borrow a laptop to support their access to our school curriculum. If you are still in need of laptop to borrow and were not able to make it to one of the designated distribution days, please complete this survey and we will be in contact with you to arrange pick up.
If you have already borrowed a laptop and need support, you may call your school’s front office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Internet at Home?
Please let us know if you do not have access to internet at your home by completing this survey.
If you do not currently have internet access at home, several internet providers are offering free wifi access for 60 days
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395.
- Comcast is offering a similar package. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households. To enroll you can apply at: apply.internetessentials.com or call: 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
If you need help to choose the best offer for you: Call 844-841-4636 – Toll free number of the Digital Access Project, a community-based organization with expertise in low-cost Internet.
For additional guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions please access the following resources:
- LAUSD COVID-19 information page
- City of Los Angeles updates
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Governor Gavin Newsom’s Directive on Mass Gatherings
- Mayor Eric Garcetti’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Los Angeles
- Resources for Undocumented Californians
- World Health Organization – Advice to the Public
- World Health Organization – Travel Notice