Avance Residency Los Angeles
Avance Residents join an inclusive community of k12 public charter schools that are invested in the development of our staff and alumni to ensure that the lived experience of our communities is at the center of our work. Residents participate in a residency program that intentionally disrupts traditional pathways to teaching to ensure equitable access for aspiring educators. Avance Residents will receive professional development through coaching led by mentor teachers, university professors and courses, live observations and reflections on a variety of classroom teachers, as well as weekly seminars with Avance Residency Staff.
- $48,000 financial package including paid student teaching, retirement contributions and tuition contributions
- Preliminary Teaching Credential
- Priority hiring for a full-time teaching position
- $16,000 for Multiple or Single Subject
- $20,000 for Special Education
- Bachelors Degree earned by June 2023
- Pass the Basic Skills Requirement (though AP, CBEST, or transcripts)
- 4 year commitment to the organization
Click here to start your application now!
For support with your application, reach out to email@example.com.